Friends & Family Resources
Joing a sorority or fraternity at Iowa State University is an important decision for your student and one you should feel comfortable with as well. Your student will be part of a self-governing community that provides a multitude of opportunities for both personal and professional development, all of which will help lead your student to a bright and successful future.
Tips for supporting your student during the recruitment/intake process:
- Allow your student to make their own decision
- Learn as much as you can about sorority and fraternity life and the membership experience
- Keep an open mind
- Talk to your student about the financial obligations and membership requirements
- Just because you’re a sorority or fraternity alumnus, doesn’t mean your student is interested in the opportunity
- Keep the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engaement contact information available. Please contact us if you have questions.
Once your student joins a chapter, take advantage of:
- Parent's weekend activities
- Participate in Iowa State University's Cyclone Family Weekend
- Join Iowa State’s Parent and Family Programs
We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about what the Sorority and Fraternity community has to offer your student. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions.