COVID-19 Resources for Chapters
All university specific information regard plans for students can be found on the University Updates page for COVID-19. This information should be reviewed frequently as not all updates will be provided via email:
Guidance for Supporting Community Expectations During the COVI-19 Pandemic
- At Iowa State University, our students, faculty, and staff's health and safety are always significant considerations. Concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, all ISU community members need to recognize that it will take a community-wide effort to keep everyone safe and healthy.
This guidance encourages accountability to a community of care, which reflects not only self-care behavior but also behavior in consideration and empathy for others’ wellness. As members of the Iowa State community, we all have a responsibility to protect our campus and the Ames area. Please uphold ISU’s Principles of Community and do your part to show care and empathy as we work together to have a healthy and safe return to campus this fall.
Review and use the COVID-19 health and safety requirements statement.
Review and bookmark the Guidance for Supporting Community Expectations During the COVID-19 Pandemic page.
Explore response types and scenarios via the following resources:
Important Information for Sorority and Fraternity Housing
The following resources are linked in the above attachment:
- CDC's COVID-19 Main Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC's guidance specifc for shared housing: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/shared-congregate-house/index.html
- CDC symptoms information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Deep Cleaning Guidance from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
- Deep Cleaning Guidance from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/pdf/ReOpening_America_Cleaning_Disinfection_Decision_Tool.pdf
- American College Health Association Guidelines: https://acha.org/documents/resources/guidelines/ACHA_Considerations_for_Reopening_IHEs_in_the_COVID-19_Era_May2020.pdf
The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement will be hosting webinars on the following topics on the following dates and times. The webinars will review information provided and host a discussion. When appropriate webinars will host break out rooms by councils.
- General Questions:
- Monday June 8, 2020: General Questions Webinar
- Meal Service:
- Wednesay June 10, 2020 in partnership with Greek House Chefs
- Sorority and Fraternity Leadership Kickoff:
- Thursday August 6, 2020
Weekly Check-In Calls are being hosted for student leaders (advisers are welcome to join):
- Non-Facility Chapter Call: Fridays at 1:00pm https://iastate.zoom.us/j/91784324285
- Alcohol Prohibited Facility Chapter Call: Fridays at 2:00pm https://iastate.zoom.us/j/99107875455
- Alcohol Permitted/Restricted Facility Chapter Call: Fridays at 3:00pm https://iastate.zoom.us/j/96594557420
Weekly Conferece Calls are being held on Monday Mornings at 9:00am by the Greek Alumni Alliance. You can access the call on a computer using this link. http://uberconference.com/ellenchesnut To access the call by phone, use this number: 515.207.8574
The Greek Alumni Alliance also has a Facebook Page created for alumni/house corporations/house directors to share resources and dialogue. To request access to the group, use this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreekAlumniAllianceIowaState/
The Greek Alumni Alliance has also developed a Google Drive to share resources. That resource file can be accessed here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16tWko1QbEXKmDad0Ct_ZCjzhgpq1iDZX?fbclid=IwAR3EukD-mcx8_TWhfescI9KdEj0VOaTscKeQbSp8SoD_ZBBHQ3VYsVTygk8