Trick or Treat
You're Invited to the Iowa State Sorority and Fraternity Community Trick-or-Treat!
What: The Iowa State Sorority and Fraternity Community will be hosting its annual Trick or Treat for families in Ames and surrounding communities. This is a fun, safe, and family-friendly opportunity for children and their families to get in the spirit of Halloween. The event will feature no/minimal contact carnival games, crafts, treats (allergy-friendly and non-candy options available), and more!
- Treat Walk
- Frankenstein Says
- Prize Wheel
- Halloween Bingo
- Slime Making Station
- Paper Airplanes
- Spiderweb Craft
- Follow the Cup
- Halloween Hopscotch
- Ring Toss
- Corn Hole
- Photo Station
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Can Knockdown
- Halloween Painting
Children, family members, and participants are encouraged to dress up in their best family-friendly Halloween costume for the event. We will have a Costume Parade at 2:30 PM!
Who: Children (K-8th grade) and family members within the Ames community and surrounding areas.
Where: Memorial Union Great Hall
- Parking information: Parking is available in the Memorial Union Parking Ramp
When: Sunday, October 31st from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
Registration: This is an open event and registration is not required! It is FREE to attendees!
Concerned about COVID-19? So are we!
Your family's safety is of the utmost importance to us. That's why we're taking the following precautions during the event this year:
- Face coverings are encouraged to enter the event.
- Crowd size will be monitored to ensure room for distancing.
- Candy will be handed out by volunteers wearing gloves and face coverings. No guests may reach into a bowl to collect candy.
- Activities and games that require contact with items will follow one of the following criteria:
- Items will be disposable and a new set will be given to each child (ie: throwing a ball, bingo card)
- Craft materials will be pre-packaged and provided to children individually
- The volunteers leading the activity/game will touch the item for the children (ie: spinning a prize wheel)
- The child will be given gloves to wear while touching the item; it will also be sanitized between each child (ie: mini golf club
Still have questions? Please call the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement at 515-294-1023 or email one of our event contacts.
Michelle Talbott, Coordinator of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement: email@example.com
Collegiate Panhellenic Council Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interfraternity Council Vice President of Community Service: email@example.com
Interfraternity Council Vice President of Philanthropy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Multicultral Greek Council Vice President of Programming: email@example.com
National Pan-Hellenic Council Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org