Trick or Treat
You're Invited to the Iowa State Sorority and Fraternity Community Trick-or-Treat!
What: The Iowa State Sorority and Fraternity Community will be hosting its annual Trick or Treat for families in Ames and surrounding communities. This is a fun, safe, and family-friendly opportunity for children and their families to get in the spirit of Halloween. The event will feature no/minimal contact carnival games, crafts, treats (allergy-friendly and non-candy options available), and more!
- Treat Walk
- Frankenstein Says
- Prize Wheel
- Halloween Bingo
- Slime Making Station
- Paper Airplanes
- Spiderweb Craft
- Follow the Cup
- Halloween Hopscotch
- Ring Toss
- Corn Hole
- Photo Station
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Can Knockdown
- Halloween Painting
Children, family members, and participants are encouraged to dress up in their best family-friendly Halloween costume for the event. We will have a Costume Parade at 5:00 PM!
Who: Children (K-8th grade) and family members within the Ames community and surrounding areas.
Where: Parking Lot S3 (in front of Jack Trice Stadium)
- Parking information: Parking is available directly beside the event in Lots S5 and S6. View a parking map.
When: Saturday, October 24th from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
Registration: This is an open event and registration is not required! It is FREE to attendees!
Concerned about COVID-19? So are we!
Your family's safety is of the utmost importance to us. That's why we're taking the following precautions during the event this year:
- Face coverings are required to enter the event and will be worn by all event staff and volunteers; social distancing and the proper donning of face coverings will be enforced by event staff.
- Crowd size will be monitored to ensure room for distancing.
- Candy will be handed out by volunteers wearing gloves and face coverings. No guests may reach into a bowl to collect candy.
- We will provide markings on the ground to help promote distancing while waiting in line for games.
- Activities and games that require contact with items will follow one of the following criteria:
- Items will be disposable and a new set will be given to each child (ie: throwing a ball, bingo card)
- Craft materials will be pre-packaged and provided to children individually
- The volunteers leading the activity/game will touch the item for the children (ie: spinning a prize wheel)
- The child will be given gloves to wear while touching the item; it will also be sanitized between each child (ie: mini golf club)
And if you're just not comfortable attending in person, that's okay too! You can drive by with your family at any time during the event to pick up a free prize bag! (supply is limited) Costumes are welcome!
Still have questions? Please call the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement at 515-294-1023 or email one of our event contacts.
McKenzie Walsh, Coordinator of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement: email@example.com
Collegiate Panhellenic Council Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interfraternity Council Vice President of Community Service: email@example.com
Interfraternity Council Vice President of Philanthropy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Multicultral Greek Council Vice President of Programming: email@example.com
National Pan-Hellenic Council Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org