IFC Fall Formal Recruitment
Thinking about joining an Interfraternity Council (IFC) fraternity? Do you want to explore your options before deciding which one is right for you? IFC Fall Formal Recruitment is your chance to meet and spend time with members from several Iowa State University chapters over the course of a few days, and potentially receive a bid at the end of the process! We hope you'll join us August 13th-18th, 2022!
Registration is now CLOSED and registration for 2023 will open in April.
$115 to register
(covering costs of meals and other expenses for the week)
August 13th - August 18th, 2022
Saturday, August 13th
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) - student will check in to their residence hall (you will then have all afternoon to move-in)
- 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm - student will check-in for Fall Formal in the Sun Room of the Memorial Union
- 6:00 pm - pizza dinner for students participating in Fall Formal on central campus
- 7:00 pm - presentation from the Interfraternity Council executive board discussing details for the week
Sunday/Monday, August 14th/15th
- Sunday- 9:30 am - 6:00 pm - students will attend 13, 25-minute sessions, of chapter introductions (breakfast before and dinner after, with lunch at noon)
- Monday- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm - students will attend 14, 25-minute sessions, of chapter introductions (breakfast before and dinner after, with lunch at noon)
Tuesday, August 16th
- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm - students will attend a maximum of 10 chapter house tours that they preference the night before, these will be 35-minute sessions (breakfast before and dinner after, lunch will be based on the student's schedule)
Wednesday, August 17th
- 11:00 am - 6:00 pm - students will attend a maximum of 4 chapter visits that they preference the night before, these will be 60-minute sessions (breakfast will be on their own time and dinner after, lunch will be based on the student's schedule)
Thursday, August 18th
- 10:30 am - students will meet on central campus and start filling out there bid cards and recieve their envelope of potential bids
- 11:00 am - students will decide their chapter they are joining and be announced in front of the chapter members
- 11:30 am - Fall Formal concludes
Questions and Answers
What if I'm living in a residence hall and my move-in date is after Fall Formal Recruitment starts?
All IFC Fall Formal Recruitment participants living in Iowa State University residence halls will be able to move in on August 13th, which is the same day as check-in for Fall Formal Recruitment. There is no additional process for early move-in, you just need to register for Fall Formal. A fee of $25 per day that you move in early from your scheduled move-in time will be assessed to your U-Bill.
What can I expect for food after Fall Formal Recruitment starts?
During the week, students will eat at the Iowa State dining centers. The registration fees that are mentioned above will cover the costs of meals during the time of the 14th-18th. All IFC Fall Formal Recruitment participants will have meal swipes added to their ISU card so that they can use them to get meals throughout the week.
How is my schedule made for each day?
Participants will have the opportunity to meet all fraternities during the first rounds on Sunday and Monday of the week, then will preference the chapters they want to visit the next day. This is a mutual selection process, so chapters will also decide which participants they want to invite back. The selections from both ends will be used to create a narrowed-down schedule the next day. This process will be repeated each day throughout the process.
Who can help answer my questions during the event?
During Fall Formal Recruitment you will have a current member of a fraternity called a Bro Gamma assigned to you, who can help guide you and answer your questions. He is disaffiliated from his own fraternity throughout the week so that he can provide an unbiased opinion and help you find the right fraternity for you.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns before the week please email the IFC Vice Presidents of Recruitment, Kody and Carson at email@example.com.
How do I register?
Plan about 30 minutes to fill out the registration link, which you can find at the top of this page. You will want to have your Iowa State email address, student ID number, a picture that is easy to tell who you are, and have a good idea of what involvement you'd like to highlight to chapters who look at your profile!