Chi Phi

140 Lynn Ave
Ames, IA 50014

The Chi Phi Society was founded on December 24, 1824, at the College of New Jersey (Princeton). Unknown to each other, two other organizations later bore the name of Chi Phi; Chi Phi Fraternity at the University of North Carolina in 1858 and the Secret Order of Chi Phi at Hobart College in 1860. All three of these organizations merged in 1874 to form what is now the Chi Phi Fraternity. The Alpha-Pi Chapter was founded at ISU in Fall of 2015 with a focus on philanthropy, community service, and building better men. Our core values are truth, honor, and personal integrity.

Nickname
Philanthropy Community service and philanthropic efforts are greatly emphasized within the Fraternity. The National Philanthropy of the Chi Phi Fraternity is the Boys and Girls Club of America. When a local Boys and Girls Club is not in the community, Chapters are encouraged to develop a relationship with RAINN or other rape crisis centers. It is expected that each Chapter/Colony Member completes at least five hours of community service per semester. Each Chapter/Colony are challenged annually to ensure each member of the Fraternity contributes and gives back to their community Individual events have included "Chi Phi Cocoa and Delta Gamma Desserts" and an annual powderpuff tournament.
Colors Scarlet and Blue
Symbols The Chakett
Chapter Founded Fall 2015
Chapter Website facebook.com/iastatechiphi
Chapter Phone 319-243-0508
National Founded December 24th, 1824
National Website chiphi.org
National Phone 404-231-1824

Chi Phi

  • Dues: $565 per semester
  • Style of living: N/A
  • Maximum capacity: 65
  • Internet: N/A
  • Cable: N/A
  • Other Information: We have officially signed a lease to a new Chapter House.
  • Freshmen: N/A