Alpha Tau Omega - Gamma Upsilon
2122 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50014
The Gamma Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Tau Omega has been a campus leader since 1908. Among the 150+ active Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity Chapters nation-wide, Gamma Upsilon ranks in the top 5 for total True Merit Bowls held, currently at 19. What makes our chapter great is our strong commitment towards academics, brotherhood, community involvement, and leadership development. With Christian-based principles and a desire to serve others, Gamma Upsilon has been developing well-rounded men of merit since 1908.
|Philanthropy||Gamma Upsilon hosts and collaborates in various philanthropic events each semester. Leading in Dance Marathon and Polar Bear Plunge, raising over $10,000 a year to benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, the Special Olympics of Iowa, and ACCESS Assault Care Shelter against domestic and sexual violence. Semesterly initiatives provide funds to benefit these charitable causes. Community service initiatives, such as volunteer work, 5k runs, blood drives, and Adopt-A-Highway are performed as well.|
|Colors||Old Gold and Sky Blue|
|Symbols||ATO Badge and Crest|
|National Website||www.ato.org or www.joinato.org|
- Dues: $4,150 in-house/$550 out-of-house/sem.
- Style of living: 5-man & 4-man suites, Ind. Occupancy
- Maximum capacity: 46
- Internet: Wireless Internet
- Cable: Mediacom / Smart TV's in each room
- Other Information: - Living: All residential areas of the house completely remodeled as of the summer of 2015 with over $1M in renovations. First-floor living room, hallways, stairwells, kitchen, dining room, and scholarship room have been renovated as of the summer of 2018.
- Scholarship: The Greek communities' largest endowment, providing over $25,000 in scholarships each semester to young men with above average academic, leadership and community involvement. This includes scholarships immediately available to incoming freshman students.
- Leadership: Over 25 leadership positions available.
- Meals: Lunch and dinner provided on each school day by the Chapter's personal chef. Additional food staples available on a 24-hour basis.
- House library: Equipped with computers, printer and scanner, study file database, and office/ study supplies.
- Commercial on-site laundry facility.
- 30 parking spaces available.
- Recreation Center: Pool table, table tennis, foosball, etc.
- 3x Consecutive Intramural Football Champions
- Freshmen: May live in the house or in dorms.